From MIXXnet Wiki
This article will outline new features and changes in MIXXnet's services software throughout the 1.9 series. Version 1.9 of services is under active development, so please contact us in #help with any issues or feature requests and we will send them upstream to the developers.
- ChanServ is now able to join channels directly instead of under different BotServ monikers. To assign ChanServ to your channel: "/msg botserv assign #channel ChanServ"
- Server-side channel autojoining after identifying to services. This ensures vhosts are always set before joining channels and is also a central channel autojoin list. "/msg nickserv help ajoin" for more info.
- NickServ can use client certificates for authentication. "/msg nickserv help cert" for more info.
- Users can now reset their own passwords instead of asking staff. "/msg nickserv help resetpass" for more info.
- ChanServ CLONE command to clone settings from one channel to another. "/msg chanserv help clone" for more info.
- Users can remove their own access in channels.
- To prevent bots from registering, new users need to confirm their nick registrations via email. You will be given instructions upon registration.
- The syntax to register a channel has changed and no longer requires a password. "/msg chanserv register #channel description"
- Generic vhosts are now handled by HostServ instead of the old HostBot system. To assign a vhost to your nick: "/msg hostserv generic assign"
- ChanServ MLOCK has been moved to ChanServ MODE, along with the ability to manually set modes through ChanServ. "/msg chanserv help mode" for more info.